Research at Albany House Medical Centre
Albany House Medical Centre set up its primary care research unit in 1999. Since then it has delivered phase II – IV commercial trails for numerous pharma companies, plus studies for several academic bodies. As part of a large general practice it has the capacity to run trials in a wide variety of disease topics and regularly recruits to target and beyond. Feasibility assessment is a speciality with highly skilled staff building database searches. Feedback is always offered on protocol design and reasons given for trials that are declined.
About Us – Meet the team
The unit comprises of consulting rooms, a research office, an area for patients to complete questionnaires, a monitoring room, a restricted access storage area and a restricted access temperature controlled lab / drug storage. It is fully equipped with a centrifuge, 3 fridges, refrigerated centrifuge, a freezer, and ECG machine, 2 Dinamap BP machines and a Spirometer.
- Dr Warwick Coulson has conducted trials as a PI and CI since 2000. Special interest in Cardiology. Panellist at Improving Feasibility Conference for a leading CRO.
- Dr Narayan Annamalai – has conducted trials as a PI and CI since 2011. Special interest in Recruitment and Retention
- Dr Andre Krzeminski- PI and CI since 2014. Special interest in Dementia, and type 2 Diabetes. Finalist in the EM RN award for Exemplary Investigator contribution.
- Dr Rita Nwafor- PI and CI since 2014. Special interest in Women’s Health. Weight management. 2017 achieved first global randomized subject for Phase III trial.
- Dr Adam Nawaz – Our Newest GP to join our R&D department and is also part of the Northamptonshire Local Medical Committee (LMC). Specialist interests include Management and Finance and is keen to develop these interests within R&D
- Sister Hayley Lewis – Research Nurse since 2017. Specialist interests include vaccinations, cardiology and the development of biologic drugs.
- Amanda Perry -Research assistant practitioner. Joined the team in 2016 and is developing the research practitioner role in primary care. Specialist interests include Diabetes and promoting health
- Shannon Hazell- Senior Research Assistant since 2017. IT Support, PIC Liaison. Interests in Finance and Costings and health promotion.
We have worked with most of the major companies, including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Novartis, MSD, Eli Lilley and Jansson. Academic bodies that have utilised the Unit include the University of Birmingham, University of Glasgow, Imperial College London, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University.
For even more information please go to: http://www.albanyhouseresearch.co.uk/