Research and Development
Research at Albany House Medical Centre
About Us – Meet the team
The unit comprises of consulting rooms, a research office, an area for patients to complete questionnaires, a monitoring room, a restricted access storage area and a restricted access temperature controlled lab which contains our centrifuges and drug storage facilities. It is fully equipped with the necessary medical equipment to successfully carry out a wide variety of research studies in Primary Care.
- Dr Warwick Coulson, our Senior Partner, has been a GP at Albany house since 1992. He has conducted Research since 2000. He isn’t currently working on any studies at the moment although he still activley supports Albany House Research Department and has been Principle Investigator and Sub Investigator for many previous studies that are now in archive.
- Dr Narayan Annamalai is one of the longest standing Partners at Albany House and has been a GP here since 2011. He has conducted trials as a Principle Investigator and Sub-Investigator since 2011. Special interests include Recruitment and Rentention, Respiratory Medicine, Weight Managment and Device Studies. Dr Annamalai achieved first global patient for a Phase III Respiratory trial in 2018.
- Dr Andre Krzeminski is our lead research GP. He has been at Albany House since 2014 and conducted trials as a Principle Investigator and Sub-Investigator since 2014. Special interest in Dementia, Vaccines, Weight Managment and Diabetes. Dr Krzeminski has been invited and presented as a speaker at external research events.
Finalist in the East Midlands Research Awards for Exemplary Investigator Contribution.
- Dr Rita Nwafor has been a GP at Albany House since 2013 and conducted trials as a Principle Investigator and Sub-Investigator since 2014. Special interests include Women’s Health, Weight Management and Dermatology. Dr Nwafor also achieved first global randomized subject for a Phase III Dermatology trial in 2017.
- Dr Adam Nawaz has been a GP at Albany House since 2017 and is the newest GP to join our R&D Department. He is part of the Local Medical Committee (LMC) and is the Clinical Director for Wellingborough and District Primary Care Network. Special interests include Cardiology, Biologics and Weight Management. He is also the Principle Investigator for COVID19 studies.
- Sister Hayley Lewis joined the team as a Research Nurse in 2017 and since has become our Research Lead Nurse. Specialist interests include Vaccinations, Diabetes, Respiratory and the development of Biologic Drugs. Hayley has been involved in conducting a diverse range of
Clinical Trials covering disease topics including Diabetes, COPD and Asthma, Weight Managment, Device Studies, Dermatology, Cardiology, Depression, Dementia and Genetic Studies.
- Amanda Perry has been our Research Practitioner since 2016. Specialist interests include Diabetes, Dementia, and Health Promotion. Amanda has worked on Clinical Trials covering disease topics including Diabetes, COPD and Asthma, Weight Managment, Device Studies, Dermatology, Cardiology, Depression, Dementia and Genetic Studies. Amanda is also Practice Champion for Dementia, this is will improve facilities and support for patients with Dementia.
We have worked with most of the major companies including Novo Nordisk, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Novartis, MSD, Eli Lilley and Janssen. Academic bodies that have utilised the Unit include the University of Oxford, University of Birmingham, University of Glasgow, Imperial College London and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
For even more information please go to: http://www.albanyhouseresearch.co.uk/